Graduate Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication
Individuals who are not already enrolled as KU graduate students must complete an application to the Graduate School for admission into the certificate program and submit an application fee along with the following materials:
- A Statement of Interest in the Professional Workplace Communication graduate certificate program. This 1-2 page narrative should summarize your education, employment history, your long-term career goals, and how this certificate will help you achieve these goals.
- Official undergraduate transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic work or qualified to offer judgment on your ability to undertake graduate-level work (former professor or instructor, workplace supervisor).
Current KU graduate students wishing to enroll in the Graduate Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication program will apply through the Graduate School. A student must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program.
A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for admission. Awarding of certificates will be handled consistent with guidelines and timing of degree awards of the Graduate School. Completion of the certificate will appear on the graduate transcript.
KU graduate students should submit the following materials:
- A Statement of Interest in the Professional Workplace Communication certificate program and its relationship to your graduate course of study.
- An unofficial copy of your KU transcript.
- A letter of support from your graduate degree program (your advisor or graduate director).