Students with a completed Bachelor’s degree who have demonstrated academic competence and wish to take an upcoming graduate-level course in COMS may apply as a non-degree seeking (NDS) student.
Please note undergraduate prerequisite course completion is typically necessary to succeed in graduate-level coursework. If you intend to enroll in coursework via NDS status for non-graduate study pursuits and personal interests, please specify what courses you would like to complete in the department in the personal statement.
Not all courses may be open to NDS students. Applicants are strongly encouraged to contac the program prior to submitting an application.
Applications are accepted per the following deadlines:
Spring semester- January 1
Summer semester- May 1
Fall Semester- August 1
All applicants must submit:
1. An online application submitted to Graduate Studies along with KU's graduate application fee ($30).
2. Proof of bachelor's degree (official transcript)
3. Proof of English proficiency if non-native English speaker
4. Statement of interest (300-500 words explaining academic and career goals)
5. Resume or curriculum vita
- Transcripts should be sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to Graduate Admissions, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd., Strong Hall 313, Lawrence KS 66045
TBD, Graduate Academic Advisor