Graduate Certificate in Professional Workplace Communication
Individuals who are not already enrolled as KU graduate students must complete the following for admission and submit an online application:
- A Statement of Interest in the PWC graduate certificate program. This 1-2 page narrative should summarize your education, employment history, your long-term career goals, and how this certificate will help you achieve these goals;
- Official undergraduate transcript;
- A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic work or qualified to offer judgment on your ability to undertake graduate-level work (former professor or instructor, workplace supervisor).
Current KU graduate students who wish to apply for the certificate program must submit an online application. Students must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program. KU graduate students should submit the following materials:
- A Statement of Interest in the PWC certificate program and its relationship to your graduate course of study;
- An unofficial copy of your KU transcript;
- A letter of support from your graduate degree program (faculty advisor or graduate director).
A GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for admission. Awarding of certificates will be handled consistent with guidelines and timing of degree awards of the the University of Kansas Graduate Studies. Completion of the certificate will appear on the graduate transcript.